Diagnosing and managingRead more
Identifying and managingRead more
Downloadable toolsRead more
RCGP Food allergy module
Build your CPD with this RCGP accredited module discussing best practice in the identification and management of food allergy.
Watch this video from Prof Somnath Mukhopadhyay
The association between allergy and asthma severity is stronger in children1
Download our free anaphylaxis management algorithm now
Patients with asthma, plus allergy to peanuts or tree nuts, are at an increased risk of fatal anaphylaxis2,3
Download our expert endorsed food allergy-focused history template
About 40-60% of children with egg or milk allergy will develop asthma and 30-55% will develop allergic rhinitis5
- Chung KF, et al. Eur Respir J 2014; 43: 343-373.
- Punekar YS and Sheikh A. Clin Exp Allergy 2009; 39:1889-1895.
- Simpson AB, et al. J Pediatr 2010; 156: 777-781.
- Why asthma still kills - the National Review of Asthma Deaths NRAD. Confidential Enquiry report - May 2014. Available from: https://www.rcplondon.ac.uk/sites/default/files/why-asthma-still-kills-full-report.pdf; last accessed November 2014.
- Kurowski K, et al. Am Fam Physician 2008;77:1678-1688